Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sorting through and being sorted

After an initial flurry of responses to (what I thought were) original posts on CL, I was a writing maniac.
Some consider me a maniac in general, but that's another story.
As the conversations went on with several people, I started to get turned off by a few, and I was obviously "weeded out" by the ladies on the other end.
Unlike some guys that I hear about, I don't take it personally. It's really hard to know someone over email, and if the initial vibe isn't there, then so be it.
One in general stood out that I shall call "KM". I'm unoriginal like that. The writing went back and forth and developed a good rapport to the point we traded numbers.
We eventually came to the discussion of the end of her marriage. An inquiry of how long she had been divorced gave me a disheartening answer; a year.
Oh damn.
I figured I'd give it a shot anyway and see where it goes. Different people handle major life changing episodes in their lives differently.
I eventually met up with KM at a favorite restaurant I go to fairly frequently.
(Note to self: Pick another restaurant for meetings like this, the owners were giving me funny looks)
As I turned the corner and entered the bar, I was greeted by a charming and very good looking woman that was aging very well.

The waitress came by with our orders, and we both idly chatted while we ate and drank a bit. The conversation eventually went to sex (as we had previously discussed) and laid out a number of fetishes she had. For those one or two people reading this blog, it was public sex, other women, and was very open at multiple men.
WHY people tell me these things on the first meeting amazes me, but I treat it in my typical way. I treated the conversation like one would discuss the menu of an eating establishment.

Sorry. It's a poor metaphor, but it was all I had to work with.

I knew closing time was coming soon, and I asked if we could walk to a nearby bar. Having readily agreed, I paid the check and beat our way out of there holding hands.
Along the way we had to go past a bush, I looked in her direction and our immediately surroundings and gave her a casual kiss.
Fortunately for me, she seemed to enjoy it.
We continued to steal kisses behind some columns of the center we were at.
Having entered the place, we both ordered a beer, snuggled, put our heads together, and continued talking about work, family, kids, and of course, sex. She showed interested in some of some of my hobbies, which brings me to my problem of the OTHER blog, but I'll have to think that through later...

Our waitress had long dismissed us as we had said we only wanted a beer and quite frankly, was glad for the lack of attention. What surprised me when the owner came up, inquired if my last name was "Smith" and I responded in the affirmative.
He shook my hand and said my money was no good there and with one swift motion, snatched the bill for our beers and told the waitress to get anything that I wanted.
Fortunately (or Un, depending on how one looks at it I kinda' wished I stopped there first instead!), we just had our one beer each. I kindly thanked the gentleman for his generosity and took off towards our cars.
We both said this was promising promising first date and left it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment