Saturday, June 20, 2009

Caught! Enter The Teaser

Having put up a ad on CL a couple of weeks ago, I waited for the responses to trickle in and it didn't take long.

After the intial group was fine, but it wasn't for me and eventually dropped the conversations.

One of my favorites was a woman whose responses were three or four words typed from her blackberry.

After I'd asked her what she was up to for the weekend, her response:

"Probably spend it with kiddos."

Okay.
Being the kind of guy who wants to engage in a conversation, I responded; "Oh? Cool? What are the ages? I'm thinking about heading to a movie and...blah..blah..blah"

Response was simply their ages and it sounded like fun. (!)
I went on and discussed general stuff and the response was always two or three words.
After about a day, I was wondering if she was trying to blow me off, "Are you a woman of few words, or is it just a pain to type on a blackberry?"

"Not short of words just while driving."
"You know, you could always just type when you have time and then hit send."

She laughed, but the pattern continued.
I finally got sick of it after a few more hours and blew her off.

Just because there is an email in your crackberry doesn't mean you have to send a short letter instantly!  I mean, really, when dealing with someone you're pursuing a relationship with, we can handle a little delay between emails if there is a bit of substance to it.

Another of the candidates I have been emailing seemed to get along quite well.  We seemed to have the same general interests and I was fairly optimistic.

During a lull in my day, I started reading an email from her and while the initial tone gave me caution,  she had stumbled across something incriminating.  While I suspected she MIGHT have come across the blog, I wasn't going to confirm or deny anything until I knew WHAT she found.  She strongly hinted that perhaps it was better to just call the whole thing off.
I feigned innocence and asked what she found?  I was fairly certain she didn't find the blog, but probably got me confused with some OTHER idiot.
The next letter contained two links two both of my blogs.   While I was in a store at the time, it was all I could do to giving a visible reaction.   In my mind, I ran around screaming like a little girl and wondering what to do.

Outside, I was the calm cool demeanor that I try to exude....but for a bit there, I thought I wet myself a little bit.

She went on to explain that her ex husband and her both into "The Lifestyle" and didn't think she could go down that road.  After I explained that I was sincere that I am open to changing my ways, she was more than a bit skeptical.
Not that I blame her in the least, but I believe we can.

She continued reading portions of both of my blogs and seems to be coming around.   I have no idea why, but she seems to.  So this should be interesting.

HI HON!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sweets,
    Good luck with the CL action, I can't wait to hear about it. Love it.

    xoxo,
    Vix

    ReplyDelete