Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Meet the kids and a small change...

The phone buzzed early on saturday morning.

Reaching over the offending object, I will an eye to open up.
It seemed to take forever for it to comply with my suggestion, but it relented.

FF: "We still on for today?"
My eye slammed shut.

Today. Today is.....Sunday? No...it's saturday...
My mind was still warming up.   The hamsters take awhile to get out of the straw.
What was Saturday?
I remember the timestamp on the Text..

Noon? 1pm?*

I give up and will my eyes to look at the text again.
12:30.
Close enough.
But what was today?  We NEVER meet on Saturdays!
Besides, this was the weekend she has her kids - oh fuck! - her kids!

I bolt out of bed and on the way to the shower, request movie times.

On the way into the shower, I hold a 3 minute debate on whether or not I should shave my beard. 
Screw it. No time.

I make it to the more or less at the time I agreed and after severely depleting my wallet with the tickets and concession stand, we make our way to the seats.

We talked for a couple of minutes, but nothing of substance, FF and I simply settled back and watched the movie. Behaving ourselves, we just managed to sneak in a peck on the cheek and a hug.

The "Date" ended as I had to head off to work, but I don't think it was an important enough of a meeting for the kids, but it was important enough for FF.

It was later she heard an exchange with one of her kids and a buddy of his.

"So..how was your mom's new boyfriend?"
"He's cool, I guess."

Good enough for her.


Additionally, I'm taking myself off the "Dating" market.  We'll see if this lasts. 



*Yes. That's early.

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! RIV's gotta GF!
    Love the new blog title. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a moment to realize whose blog this was on my dashboard. Good for you for finding someone. It sounds like you survived and it will make things a little easier as you get closer. Winning over the kids is hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. finally ! :) now post some juicy stuff ! ;)

    ReplyDelete