Monday, March 1, 2010

Circling the drain...

The past few weeks have been amazingly troubling and busy, and because of it our time together has shrunk considerably.
Forgive me if this is a bit more rambling than usual, but some details can't be spoken about due to the unusual facets of it.

The lack of time together has been because of conflicting schedules; mine is work, and hers is with her children.
That was expected from the get go and I was good about it.

Lately, there has been some troubles regarding her older son (still a teen) who seems to have had some disciplinary problems.  
It's nothing that my child has hasn't done, but she was smart enough to not get caught and has straightened out.

However, her child HAS been caught in the past and is now facing a charge that is something that could stick with him beyond his childhood years.

The thing that angers me the most is that he STILL doesn't get how serious it is.
While this may sound very selfish, I have a feeling this will also affect the little dating time FF and I are able to accomplish.
It is this fact along with other concerns that have been driving me a little crazy.
I know kids eventually will fly straight, my kid has, but it's just a reminder of the trials and heartaches that raising a child can be.  
Knowing what is ahead terrifies me, but I feel that I have an advantage of "been there, done that" parenting wise, but to say that it is a bit disconcerting is to put it mildly.

To have her crying trying to say that she  "don't want you to think I raise bad kids" while she's on the verge of totally losing it just makes me wonder if I should pull the plug on this or not.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, so what you gonna do huh.. This is your decision making time, so you either stick and become the man of the year or take a walk,..
    please visit http://helpnigeria.blogspot.com
    Thank you so very much
    www.askchacha4free.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... Tough call. If you have hesitations at all they are probably for a reason. Listen to your heart and follow that. (((RIV)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a tough call. I think that it is the sort of thing that no one can figure out but you. You seem like someone who is aware enough to be able to work through it.

    Come check out our blog! And comment please, we love comments :)
    http://ivyandhaley.blogspot.com

    Ivy

    ReplyDelete