Friday, May 1, 2009

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID ME!

Looking at my phone, I saw the subject matter of the latest email:




Lauren wants to connect to you on Yahoo!


WTF?
I reread the title several times.
In fact, I may have done it at least 10 times before I finally opened the email.

It was a typical "Let's connect on Yahoo."
Sitting on the email for a few hours, I accepted the "Invitation" and waited, but being an impatient person, I decided to send her a message:

Hey there,
How're you doing?  Is everything okay with you?
Was a bit surprised about the invitation.


I mean, even though she broke off our dating suddenly, I wished her no malice.

Several hours later, while nodding off at an awards dinner my phone was buzzing.
Praying it was an alien polite enough to abduct me from my current circle of hell, or perhaps even the Grim Reaper offering to take me out of my suffering; instead I receive the following:

I'm good, how are you?
What invitation?


Aw shit!  I had forwarded the original "invitation" while before taking another stab at what is supposed to be chicken on my plate.
I explain the situation to Starfish, when she came up a plausible story:


Could it be that she just signed up for yahoo and it automatically sent out the "invitation."



It has been a number of years since I signed up, so I couldn't come up with an alternative theory. Now, I'm dealing with a door I accidently opened that should have remained closed.

STUPID!  I should have just ignored it!

Additionally:  I haven't had any takers on my latest ad and no new takers, which is just as well.  Being busy with the party and all, plus some other drama in my life and job, I just don't have time for any real dating for the next couple of weeks at least.


I think I need to take another couple of weeks off and go on a bender for a bit. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, uck, ackward! I love the fact that one of your tags is 'my general stupidity" - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bender?? Did I read that right?? Sign me up!!!!

    ReplyDelete