Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"Are you married?" WTF?

During one of our late night meetings, we sat at a table at a chain restuaraunt and we were generally talking about our day, the upcoming holidays and other topics.
As reached for my meal she asked, "Are you married?"
I choose this moment to pop in some pieces of my scalding hot meal and flapped open my mouth trying to cool it down from giving me 3rd degree burns.
"wha? huh?", I said as intelligently sounding as I could considering the freshly fried shrimp was taking revenge in my mouth.
she repeated the question.
"Umm...why?" as I scooped out the last of the offending pieces of my once bitten meal out of my mouth and onto my plate.
I can be as classy as the rest of them.
"You're charming, intelligent, cute, graceful..", she paused
I was busily trying to fish out another ice cube from my glass with my fingers while sucking another in my mouth with my lips puckered like a fish as she said this.
she continued, "...ok. usually.  You seem like an excellent father to your kid...", and she went on for another minute until I regained my senses and stopped her.
Regaining what little composure I have, I reassured her that I am not, have never been, nor am I currently engaged.
I even picked up my phone to dial up my kiddo for verification, but she stopped me. 
She smiled that sweet smile and seemed satisfied and apologized for doubting me.
We finished our small meal and paid, it was time for her to go back home.
"I'm sorry for doubting you, but I just needed to make sure.  Will you accept my apology? I know I must seem a bit crazy, but there have been some weird guys I have dated that turned out to be married."
"No?! REALLY??" I said in my most surprised tone.
"Yeah, you wouldn't believe the creeps a girl runs across." she said.

I didn't want to keep her out, so I patted her on the bottom and kissed her deeply at her car door.
"I really am sorry for sounding like a crazy girl." she repeated.
"No biggie, I understand" I said as I walking away.
"Will you accept a blowjob as part of my apology?" she said with a smile.

I started turning around even before she finished the sentence...

No comments:

Post a Comment