Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Empty streets....

I've had a rough couple of weeks on different levels from major to minor.   Of course, there is that little matter of FF and I.  We need to resolve some issues on our next date.  So, having a need to simply take a chance to relax and let myself decompress.

One of the great things about my job is that I simply stop what I'm doing, leave and take a bit to compose myself if I'm having a rough day (night, whatever).

Going into downtown, I pull over and take a walk for a few blocks.  I always try to have a camera with me, so I'd thought sharing what I see at night would be an interesting to see how see the world.

While I'm in a heavily populated city, it empties out after most businesses and bars close and the night shift is well underway.

This is what it's like in the middle of the night while most everyone is deep in slumber. 
I always recommend to people that they need to visit their own city late at night.   After walking a few blocks, the local security guards, occasional cop, and garbage worker and I exchange nods.   People always associate walking around downtown after dark is tantamount to asking to be mugged or worse.  Generally speaking, in this town, downtown is about as safe as walking around your own suburban neighborhood.  The thing is, to me the empty streets are simply another form of beauty.

Either way, it was a walk well needed.
You guys should try it sometime.

As you can see, it really looks different.
Enjoy the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment