Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Blow Up.

Coming back to my house from some much needed pissed off sex, I threw down the rest of my clothes, get undressed and start typing away while it's still fresh.
Its not the kind of sex I usually take in, but apparently it was something we both needed, and to be honest, it was an improvement from our first meeting and satisfying.
After typing everything up, I was about to hit "publish" when the mystery ID came up.
With great trepidation I forced my fingers to act:

"Who are you?"
"Andi, Silly." Oh shit!
"Hi."  Thrilled. can't you tell I'm thrilled? Look! I'm thrilled!
"Merry Christmas" she cheerfully typed.
"Yeah. Merry Christmas." was all I could manage.
"Let me call you in a few, I'm just leaving a bar."
"Okay. whatever."
I published my blog entry before I could get distracted. I had a feeling this was going to be hairy.
The phone rang and I looked at it like it was a snake.
we talked fora few minutes.
Or rather,she talked.   About her life.Her school, her new boyfriend.
Just like old times.  Never could get a word in edgewise.
She eventually got around to asking about me and my life.
I don't know what triggered it, but my first words were:
"How can you talk to me so nonchalantly after you crushed me?"
Dead silence.
"Do you realize how pissed off at you I was?"
Silence.
"Was it perhaps that I never attempted to call you after our last date gave you a clue?"
"I-I...I know.   I'm sorry.  I feel terrible about it.  It was a bad decision."
"NO!  It's BEYOND poor decision."
I tore at her for a good hour.
Every time she tried to make an excuse, I tore into her again.
A year of frustration came in torrents.
"I don't know what to say but 'Sorry!'"
"Well, nice to know our time together meant nothing."
She was on the verge of tears.
"When I arrived on the plane, I was ready to commit myself to for life.  2 hours later it was crushed."
"I regretted that.  I've played it over in my mind quite a bit."
"Nice of you to call up and tell me about that regret after you were thinking about it."
Silence.
"You can either salvage or throw it away.  Call me on which you decide.  I don't have your number.  I'm deleting your ID, I got nothing from you. it's in your court."
What the hell did I just say???
What? What did I just say??
Aw Fuck!
"okay...I do regret it."
"Well, call when you mean it."
*CLICK!*

Yay. Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. I hope, now that you've had a chance to speak your mind, that you can find closure on this.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. you might be right on this. i blew up big and i left out quite a bit, mostly because its a blur and i remember not even giving her a chance to explain.

    one of the crucial things that i regret is that i gave her an option of coming back and starting over. if KM got her shit more together those words would have not popped out of my mouth. but as i see it now, KM isnt a sure thing either with her behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These things never go the way you plan...

    ReplyDelete