Sunday, December 7, 2008

New Hope?

As I was suggested upon, I called up GD to basically bid her Good Bye.  She was disappointed, but given obstacles placed before we could even date, she was fairly cool with it and promptly hung up on me.
I do wish her the best.
While I was in a goodbye mood, I sent the following TXT to KM:
"Well, I guess this is goodbye.  Haven't heard from you and I figure you have no interest.  Take heart that I already deleted your number and I'll delete this msg."
I had just deleted her string of messages when my phone buzzed with a reply a minute later.
"I have been in the hospital. I am sorry that I did not call. Bad car accident."
WTF?
As you can imagine, I was elated, concerned, and a little peeved.
Turns out she was in a car accident and had recently gotten out of the hospital and her phone was destroyed by the impact.  In short, she was waiting for her phone bill to get my number.
For some reason our entire correspondence was by text message, something told me that we should stick to this as it might be the best way to avoid any confusion.  This continued for several hours.
One of the first things she asked is what are my intentions, I told her I want in all the way as far as she wants.
She was worried that, since our conversations were shifting towards sex and some things connected to it. I didn't mention my hobbies, but I alluded to those parties.  She is still very open to it, but wasn't sure yet.  I'll take that.
She promised she would make a better effort to contact me.  And she planned to make it up to me in the future when she fully recovers.
I'm SO thrilled and I'm glad that we were able to resolve quite a few things.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, crap! Don't you hate when you write someone off and they really do have a reason why they haven't contacted you?

    I've been there.

    But I'm so glad that you guys are still talking. Keep the lines of communication open...hopefully, something great will come of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!
    Unfortunately, I scheduled don't totally mesh, but we both pledged to try. However, since she first came back we've only talked a few times. But I'm not putting all my eggs in a basket, which is why I'm still on the hunt.

    ReplyDelete