Thursday, December 4, 2008

Good bye GD!

I gave GD a call the other day like I said I would.

Tell you one thing, she does seem like a very nice person, but unfortunately, we got to meet while her life is in turmoil. 
She talks about having a weekend to move, needing an electrician and such and is moving to Magnolia! For those that aren't familiar with the distances in Texas or Houston in particular.  We are BIG.   I think nothing of driving 15 minutes to get something to eat.  My closest friend is 20 minutes away!  Distances are not that big of a deal here.  But we're talking 44 miles!  Don't believe me? HERE!

We talked for about 30 minutes until I had to had to interrupt conversation and told her I had to go.   I called her back to apologize and told her I would call her the next day.

I don't think that's going to happen.  I feel like a heel, but I think it would probably be better that way.

Sorry, I did that kind of commute for someone years ago and seems like she had too much going on.  I'm not doing it again, particularly with someone whom I'm not certain with to begin with.  

BYE GD!

2 comments:

  1. I'm certainly not trying to tell you what to do...BUT I think you should at least tell her that it's too far/her life's a mess/you can't handle it (all in much better terms). I've had a few people just fall off the radar on me and I would have rather they just tell me - hey, you're nice but this isn't going to work.

    Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just spent two days driving all over the freakin' city of Atlanta - we have similar travel issues...driving 15 minutes to get something to eat is not a big deal.

    But my last two dates have involved me driving into "town" and finding a place to park (nightmare). One was worth it. The second...worth it (at first) to me. But apparently, not so much for the guy. He's not into "the lifestyle" as much as he thought he was - translated as ME!!!!!

    Wow. Enough about me. Now, you. I'd let her know that it is way too far for a regular thing - but I'd steer away from the "neediness" part of her personality. Just letting her know that the distance is too much might be enough to let her go.

    ReplyDelete