Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Evil That Men Do

On a serious note, I'd like to comment on the LA Fitness shooting that occurred fairly recently*.  While the act is despicable, there is a certain amount of sorrow behind the act.  I waited this long to post in case there were further developments.

Yes, we can mock his inability to get into a relationship or have sex for an extended amount of time, the frustration that this man had is fairly common in both sexes.

This can be very contradictory coming from me, but this blog shows how dating can be a frustrating, humiliating, and tiring experience.  It involves exposing yourself and your vulnerabilities as well as HOPING that the object of your desire weighs the pro's and cons and finds you "acceptable" to date.

It also requires a large amount of people skills including empathy, patience, and proper social skills.  It involves of two people finding some common ground on a variety of levels. 
While you may think it's rather cool to be a railroad fan and take vacations for that hobby***, your potential mate might think you're insane stop dating you while she goes to her "Sex and the City" self-help books."

Those that get frustrated in their inability to get dates/relationships have a real high probability of getting into a state of depression, or have an issue that might prevent them from having a real relationship.

From my experience and anecdotal information from friends, these comes from people with OCD,** low self esteem, egotistical, lack of compassion/empathy.
For those that have date after date that has ended in failure, I'm sure that it affects people in a way that they don't realize.   A certain amount of depression will set in.  A sense of hopelessness, sadness, apathy, and maybe even sense that some sort of revenge is in order as they blame others for their lack of success in dating.

Basically, what I'm getting down to is that if this sounds like you, then perhaps you need to find help, either from friends or a professional.  While it is TOTALLY fun to read these blogs, I encourage you to find a way for you to be able to join us with the fun (and frustrations) of dating/relationships.




*I'm not going to mention the gunman's name, because as far as I'm concerned, I refuse to give him any more notoriety than he deserves. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here is a LINK.
** I have a slight case of OCD, and I have dated people with OCD, but sometimes the type or severity might be too much for some people to handle.
*** To be clear. I'm NOT a railroad fanatic.  Just thought I'd use this "geek" without resorting to the typical "Trekkers/Trekkies", Computer nerds (see previous), and Motorheads.

1 comment:

  1. I remember reading about it and thinking to myself. If you cant get a girlfriend there are alternatives. There are women who can help. They are called prostitutes. And I dont mean this in a bad way. These women provide an impportant service, IMO. He has no excuse for what he did.

    ReplyDelete