Monday, August 24, 2009

Prospects:

As I have mentioned before, I had only one response to my initial post and it seemed quite interesting considering I had put it in the in the "Other Romance", I was fairly surprise with that.

Once I re posted over to for Males seeking females, the response was only slightly better.
It's my guess that women overall are probably thinking they are more shallow then they thought.
This is (basically) the post I put up:

You're not perfect and neither am I.
I'm one that looks past the drama and sees who you are. Be the same.
It's not the baggage that you have, but in what manner you carry it.

Single Imperfect male seeking SIF 35-45 (more or less) for LTR

Must not be too far left or right, Politically.
Must be open to conversation of all types ranging from Pop culture to discussions of Philosophy.
Must enjoy/tolerate baseball. (go to quite a few games...)
MUST be up on current events.
MUST be quick witted
MUST have a sense or humor. (I enjoy Robot Chicken and south park, but I also love Big Bang Theory)
MUST have the ability to call me out appropriate.
MUST be open to new ideas, opinions, and counterpoints. (I love being intellectually challenging, and you should be too)
PREFER someone that has more kinks than a cheap gold chain. (if you gotta ask, feel free to ask for a clarification).
No kinks judged, keep them to yourself until we get along. Or share. I'm flexible.

No pics requested or given initially.
If you need pics or feel the need to share a pic, then perhaps I'm not for you.
Think of it as "Dating In The Dark" but with typing.

I'm okay with:
Kids. (you with kids, I have one that's grown)
Workaholics. I'm one as well.
Non traditional jobs.
Pets. (Wary of dogs, but I get over that quick. As long as he doesn't look at me as a snack food. I'm okay with it.)
Crazy Ex's. We all have them. This is Texas, so no jury would convict me. 'Nuff said. I don't have to deal with mine anymore. (not murder, kid grew up) 


After re-posting on the Males for Females section, I gotten a LITTLE more of a response.  I got 5.
Total.

The first responder was from a 22 yr old.  We continued talking for a bit until I decided to stop wasting both of times.
The next responder is one I'll call "Blossom".  She's a woman of my age who responded for no real reason she could think of.  She is married but is, as far as she can tell me, planning to divorce her husband.   When she mentioned FWB, I went a bit nuts and informed her about my OTHER blog.
Don't ask me why. I still don't know why I did it.  
She read it and was hooked.
The rest are barely worth mentioning.  Seems after only a few frustrated attempts to get me to send a picture without revealing anything about themselves tried their patience and we both mutually gave up or was too far away to make a relationship even remotely realistic.

Going to give it another try in a few days...perhaps it was the timing of my posting.  Haven't quite decided, but I was extremely disappointed that the ad didn't get any more responses.

Then again, the woman are probably thinking they're too perfect for my ad.



1 comment:

  1. I personally LOVE your ad. It shows a sense of humor, realism and a man who knows what he does and does not want.
    I like that you are discriminatory over the things that matter rather than appearance.
    I'm surprised you haven't received more responses. However...after re-readig your ad I started to wonder...perhaps its off putting to some women because it is too demanding?
    Just sayin'...
    Some people might take it that way even though you don't mean to be.

    ReplyDelete