Monday, February 9, 2009

No date, but a talk...

I was almost dead asleep at 2pm when I got a call from Lauren; she has to postpone. The bug that has been nagging her for a month has her feeling pretty crappy.
Considering I stayed up a bit later than usual, I slept until 4pm, so I was more than a little relieved.

Enjoying my bit of bliss was disturbed when my phone went off...KM!

"Hi baby!"
"Hey. Are you working today?"
uh-oh...I don't like that tone and she went on to explain her rough day to the point where she was free this evening. She didn't have that "smile" that I hear over the phone.
"Uh...no." Uh...YEAH! I gotta finish my damned laundry, but I wasn't going to give her an excuse.
"Okay, can we meet to talk tonight?" Inwardly I groan. The TALK, but I don't stress out about it.
"Sure when and where?"
"How about the usual place, when is a good time for you."
"Are we going to have THAT talk?"
"I don't know, depends on how you take it after we're through."
"Okay, Give me two hours so I ca-"
"Two Hours?" Genuinely surprised.
"Yeah, I just woke up. give me a bit to shower and shave." Not to mention dealing with the hell that is traffic at this time.
"So, 7:30?"
"No, 6:30 or 7, I fig-"
"So which? 6:30 or 7?"
"6:30" She was starting to get on my nerves, "What is this about?"
"Something I didn't want to talk about in Text or over the phone."
What a NOVEL idea!
"See you there" and hang up the phone."

I'll update a bit later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment