Monday, February 9, 2009

THE Talk

Showing up at the IHOP, RIGHT at 6:30.
KM is no where in sight.
Great.

At 7pm, I see her walking in, give me a kiss, and sit down.
We start with idle chit chat and talking about the usual stuff.
"So, what IS the talk?" I want to cut to the chase.
"Well..." she started....
Just like I had mentioned in another post, she didn't have time, but as I have put together this past weekend, she had no real desire to be with me. She enjoyed my company, but didn't feel the need to share what little free time she had with me, but she wanted to remain friends.
She stopped after 10 minutes and looked at me.

"Yes?" I asked.
"Are you okay with this?"
"I suspected it for quite some time. the question is, what are 'Friends?' I can't send you any smooching texts, naughty texts, we can't smooch, I can't hold you while we watch movies.
In other words, what is there left?"
She had no answer.
"I didn't expect you to be this calm about it. I was hoping you'd walk away, this would have been much easier on the both of us."
"The easy way out is for cowards. The Ball is in your court."

We talked about it back and forth for a bit, our waitresses knew something was up. They were there since the beginning of our dinners and have grown rather comfortable with us.
"Do you guys need anything else?" The youngest asked as she brought my dinner.
"No."
"Are you guys okay?"
"No. We're breaking up." I casually said as I cut into my steak.
"That sucks man. You two are my favorite!" and she walked off.
We both smiled at her response.
"Yeah, it sucks," I repeated.
We continued talking and pretty much told her to not to worry about me and that I'll be perfectly fine.
"Well, you're going to have to tell me what the parameters I need to follow with being friends with you. You contact me when you're ready."
She was still at a loss as to what else to say.
"Well, I need to....well...want to leave." she was on the verge of breaking down. no one could possibly tell, but I read her facial expressions.
"I assume you don't want me to walk you to your car."
Her lip quivering as she gave a quiet "no."
"Then goodbye."
With that, she quickly grabbed her purse and walked out as fast as she could.
The waitresses came by offering me an ice cream cone, but I refused.
I sat there for a bit, sucking down the last of my drink.
It was a full 5 minutes before I saw her car left the lot.
She must have been crying.
Leaving the money on the table and heading towards the door, a voice came up behind me.
"Does that mean you're not coming back again?"
"Unless she is with me, I have no reason to. Goodluck, kids."
With that, I walked off not looking back

No comments:

Post a Comment