Friday, February 6, 2009

The Smooch

KM and I were talking (okay, Texting), about what she liked in a sensual/sexual relationship.

"Deep long kisses."
"But I have yet to kiss you that way, just smooches."
"I LOVE your little smooches."

The conversation moved on to other things, but it got me thinking.about smooches.

Kissing has been in film since almost the begining of film, poetry, song, and idealized by many adolescent girls.

Me? I prefer smooching.  While the movie "The Kiss" is actually a smooch, while it is extremely tame by today's standards, I find it very erotic.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the deep sensual kisses that you could remember for days, but you have to have the right circumstances. To properly plant a good kiss needs the right timing and space needed.
Smooching, on the other hand, can be planted anytime and anywhere, as needed.  It can be given in front of other people without that uncomfortable pause/look from them.  It's a low dose of PDA that won't offend anyone. 
Well, maybe not EVERYONE.
It can be a very subtle reminder that you care for that person, so a drive by smooching is perfectly acceptable. As busy as my schedule is, sometimes that's all you get as I fly out the door, additionally, I've also found that time seems to move a bit slower, allowing to appreciate that person a bit more. A quarter of a second seems to stretch out to a full minute when you look at her in the eyes of your target and you see their eyes change as you get in closer.
I have two favorite targets;  the neck and the lips.
Ears are okay, but only when you have a full make out session going. accidental slobber on the ears can be bad, particularly if you're going back out in public.


Smooching isn't for everyone, but it certainly can be a great deal of fun in just about any circumstance and is a great reminder of that you're simply thinking of them.

Okay, so I have these overly romantic feelings sometimes, I'm not gay, I just happen to like romantic comedies.

1 comment:

  1. Kissing is the most wonderful way to judge a person. It can make or break a friendship/relationship.

    I had a guy that I dated that was smokin' hot, sexy, smart but kissed like a fucking water pic(remember those?). I had to turn him down for the second date. I couldn't kiss someone like that for the rest of my life. Or for the rest of the weekend for that matter! HA!

    ReplyDelete