Monday, February 2, 2009

"Mommy needs a drink, but I have to wait 17.5 years."

"Oh HELL NO!"
I burst out laughing at IFW's (Idiots Friend's Wife) response to KM's divorce and her SIX kids.
"Guy knocks me up with six kids, he's sticking around no matter how much of an asshole he is," and gives a meaningful look to her husband, "I hate to tell you this, but I won't divorce you for at least a few years, until they are in their teens!"
The youngest of two kids is 5 months old. 
Yeah, it's going to be a long marriage.
To most coworkers and outsiders in general, she seems like a down to earth, yet sophisticated and strong willed woman. 
When dealing with her friends, she's the blackest white woman in the world.
I love her to pieces, but thank god she married someone else.
After being put through the inquisition about her, my lack of a dating life came up and wondered how I got by with so little female company.

If they only knew the truth.

One of my favorite quotes is, "You know, when I first met him, his home was IMMACULATE, even his bathroom. For a man, that's saying a lot.  Now that I'm married to that SOB, he's a total slob.  I should divorce him on the grounds of false advertisement."

Turns out a number of their friends were coming down with bugs and begged out of out of consideration of the newest infant in the household.  What is normally a crowded and raucous event turned into a only a moderate riot of talk/gossip and wives being openly critical of their husbands.

Oh, yes.  They really make me look forward to marriage.

KM was running late with her kids this weekend and told her not to stress about coming late or not at all.
We all had a great time even with the small crowd and lack of booze.

Which reminds me of another quote, "I can hardly wait until he (the youngest) is 18 so I can be an alcoholic again." which she looks at her infant and says,"You can drive mommy from the rest home to the bar so I can get shitfaced!"

KM was never able to make it, which doesn't surprise me, but we talked on the phone on my way home.

Why even bothering with this post? 
To show I'm not all about one thing and post a few great lines.
Being drunk helps too.
Wee!

2 comments:

  1. Of course you aren't about one thing...none of us are.

    I often wonder why women like to berate their mates. I've done it but when you hear other people do it, it sounds awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I realize that, but sometimes the readers only see us through our blogs, so I feel it necessary to remind people that we are human.

    I may be less so than others, but still.

    As far as berating her husband goes, she almost makes it into a sport. Sometimes I feel sorry for him, but then again, her sharp tongue is one of the reasons why I didn't even try to date her.

    ReplyDelete