Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sure, my life has no drama...

On my way to work yesterday evening, I needed to go ahead and push forward with meeting Lauren to see what kind of chemistry is there before deciding to put up another ad or not.
Giving her a quick call, we have some social niceties before I just cut to the chase and ask her if she wants to go to a movie and dinner on Sunday.
She quickly accepts, but I can tell there was something she wanted to ask, but chose not to continue.

We talk about a movie, she approves, and then I promise we'll talk about firming up the time as the day draw near.

Yeah. I know. I'm such a romantic.
Shut up.

As my day progresses, I get a text.
Hmm....gee..who sends texts....
KM!
Yeah, I'm surprised too. Here's the entire conversation, of which I can't figure out what she's trying to say:

KM: "What are you up to?"
Me: "Not much."
KM: "Working?"
Me: "Sorta. You?" Translation: "Cut to the chase. You dropped me."
KM: "On my porch reflecting. Letting you go was difficult."
Me: "Ok. I didn't expect to hear from you this quickly." Which I didn't. Ever.
KM: "I am sorry."
Me: "About what?"
KM: "Everything."
Me: "Oh. Okay."
20 minute pause.
Me: "I guess that was all then."

WTF what all that about? Can a woman translate that for me? Am I over-thinking this? What really made it awkward was the fact that I just happen to be 4 blocks away when the texting started.  It was hard not to turn the car around.

I know this goes onto my OTHER blog, but it just shows how weird my dating/other life, is sometimes.

Katy:  "Hey.  Really enjoyed the other morning."
Me:    "So did I.  Look forward to it again."
Katy:  "When is a party? I want about 6 guys."
Me:    "Okay. March?"
Katy:  "That would be awesome."

Now to get a party organized too..

2 comments:

  1. Translation : She regrets it because she did like your company on one level but she knew that she would never be enough for you sexually (or at least she was scared by your hobby).

    That's my take on it. She was probably hoping that you would beg her to take you back - you were pretty cold during the break up. She wants to know that you feel like you lost something good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, i tried to get her to reconsider her decision, but she seemed like her mind was made up.

    Before she left, she brought up my sexual tastes, but didn't elaborate.
    I never made a mention of my hobby, so that would not have even entered the conversation to begin with.

    ReplyDelete