Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dating in The Dark aftermarth of week 1.

I know this is a bit late, but better than never...at least for me.

The format was very challenging to those inside, and I liked that they didn't pick "pretty people" or "Trolls" but, what I feel are, normal looking people.

What I thought was fascinating was the psychological torture they were putting themselves into, and the assignments that the show put them simply reinforced their, what I think, fears of being rejected.

I was quite disappointed with "Christina" in not showing up for her date.  Not only was she the one that seemed to get more intimate than the other couples, but she seemed to make a big deal of how the guy (seth) meshed quite well with her.

With that exception, I was pleased that the other two seemed to get past their initial anxiety and resolved to try to date afterwards.

PERSONALLY, I think the biggest surprise for me was Melenie and Allister (The blonde and the Aussie, I believe).  They were both charming and was the couple I was rooting for, particularly after they both confided qutie a bit to each other.

The next weekend should prove to be quite interesting from what the previews have revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment