Monday, July 20, 2009

An experiment in dating...

Anyone that has dated for any amount of time (everyone on the planet), you know that there is always a huge amount of pressure when it comes to dating.
You have to not only look for someone that appeals to you, but critizing yourself to make sure YOU appeal to THEM.

Tonight there is a show called "Dating in the dark" that seems to bring a topic on dating. In many ways, it's quite like online dating in a sense that you will not be able to see who you're talking to.  However, the difference is that you can sense, feel, and hear your date, but you can't see them.  From my understanding of the show, the whole "meeting" and getting to know of the person will take place completely in the dark.  Several of the commercials have shown that a number of the "contestants" consider looks high on their priority list.


The interesting part of it is how they will react once they see who they eventually got to "know" in the dark room.  Will they get to really like the personality they is presented in the dark room and then "dislike" what they see?

I'm not that much into looks, but rather be more into their personality.  Now if you find a good looking guy/girl with a stunning personality, and from personal experience; a rarity.

I won't be home for the show, but I plan on TiVo'ing it a bit later and look forward to it.

3 comments:

  1. I have not been blogging all that long (6+ mos). One thing that has fascinated me...has to do with the few close, close connections I have made. They have never been based on "looks."

    It is refreshing to me getting to "know" someone based on the interior vs. exterior...I have learned much about my shallow sterotypes in this process.

    Great post!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the previews for this show as well. I don't have the luxury of having the time to watch it but it looks really good! Keep us (me) updated on how it turns out! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The concept is interesting but I'm sure the producers have rigged it for the most drama, matching the most superficial people with the 'ugliest'. It will be interesting perhaps though.

    ReplyDelete