Friday, July 31, 2009

Hair Drama Trauma!

I needed a haircut.
Having been the subject of ridicule from my friends and family (I have been REALLY busy!) about my appearance, but it was a lover that finally got me to do it.

Heading to the Northwest part of town, I casually walk in to the place and I'm greeted by good looking lady and I scan around for my barber....
As if sensing my confusion, she asks if I'm looking for someone.
"Yes, I'm looking for 'H'."
"She sold the place to me."
"What?"
"She got married and moved out of state."
I just looked at her with this even dumber look on my face than usual.
Then again, I had no clue she was even dating anyone!
"Care to wait? I'll be finished with her," Indicated the woman currently in her chair, "in an hour or so."
"This sucks!", I finally said.
"Pardon?"
"This sucks.  Now I don't know where to get my hair cut! But thanks anyway.." and walk outside in a daze.
My barber?  Gone?
This SUCKS!
I mean, really!  I'm more loyal to my barbers than to my girlfriends.
How sad is that?
I've had maybe 4 barbers in my adult life.
One died (and was a lover). two retired, and now another moved to another state?
Immediately sending out a mass text to my friends I asked for a recommendation.
All of them said they could not.
Really? No one?
The pitifulness in my voice was conveyed when I talked to a lady friend.
She's stunned.  She's known me for years and has never heard that "tone" in my voice.
I drive towards home and do a search on my phone for nearby places....
They all seem to be "Salons" as opposed to barber places.
Driving down the Washington Strip, I grab something to eat at a local drive thru taco place. (its much better than it sounds)  Finding a nice shaded place to enjoy my comfort food, I sat there and ate two of them when I glanced down the road and spotted a place just off the main drag.
It's a BARBER!
With the distinctive pole! It's a GUY'S place!
No girly man "salon", but a MAN's place!
I barely finish my last taco when I put my car and drive the two blocks.   Inspecting it from the outside, it had all the characteristics of a guy's place.
I pull into it's small lot and walk inside to find a couple of chairs and a couple of guys sitting around.
The place is not that well kept, with only a few nick knacks around.
Jumping into the chair, I explained my situation to the tall burly "dude" cutting my hair and gave me a heartfelt sympathy.  He understood this was an "interview" haircut.
He asked me how I normally had it.
I responded that I don't remember!
All I had to do in the past was just jump into the chair!
Gently, he explained what he suspects what was done previously
It sounded right...but I told him to give it a shot anyway.  If it's not a good haircut, I was just going to shave it off.
Yes. I'm that militant.
Turns out, it looks pretty good.

I'll just have to see my friends for a unbiased opinion.
That and they can laugh at me for acting like such a freakin' girl.

Now all I have to do is shave the beard.  It's gotten on my nerves.....I might do it tonight. :)



EDIT:   Included pics (thanks starfish!) and I still haven't shaven.  I'm Rockin' the Taliban look!

3 comments:

  1. Yup, you sounded like a chick who just lost her Brazilian waxer alright. But I must say the cut turned out very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Great haircut!!!

    ReplyDelete