Monday, January 19, 2009

Jumping through hoops? Nah.

I have gotten quite a few responses from my little ad, but a few were just asking for too much.

One I shall mention is SW:

SW seemed like a charming women, about my age and immediately started talking and sent her a photo. The three photos she sent made her seems whimsical and seemed to have a sunny disposition, including a bodyshot of her in a dress which, I assume was going on a night out. The photo I usually send is a recent one from a trip to New York on a weekend trip that included a Yankees game (Yes, I travel to other cities for games.), but it also shows me slightly inebriated, but still a good photo. We chatted for a bit and finally sent her my number.

Before she would call, she demanded a SOBER photo, so I hunted the only recent photo there was of me sober. Almost the exact same pose, but during the daytime (about half an hour before the drinking started).

Then she asked for a full bodyshot like I the one she had sent me.
Again, I don't take photos of myself and any photos I DO have are in the possession of friends. I was a bit peeved about this, I searched through my files. I literally have THOUSANDS of photos and eventually found a full body shot of me about six years ago in a Tux in which I was a few tons lighter.

No.

If she wants to talk to me, she can do it on the photos I gave her. The sunny disposition she had showed initially, to me, showed that she was someone who didn't trust people's pictures and won't meet them until she knows what they look like.
Now, granted, I don't think it's unreasonable, but if I don't have a photo, I just don't have a photo.
Yes, I can go to the bathroom and take a new one, but it'll suck.

Nice knowin' ya SW.

Another infuriating email I have received by a girl that just had one sentence:

"Can I see your photo first?"

WTF? No "Hi?", no other preamble what-so-ever?

Good lord, ladies!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah it seems the dating pool is full of crazy, ill mannered people who have no idea what they are doing, what they want or sometimes even who they are!

    It all kind of makes me want to crawl under the cover and never come out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i completely agree with Aurore. I'll apologise on behalf of the ruder members of my sex.

    ReplyDelete