Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Suddenly, I have OPTIONS??

the CL phone rings on a very boring, cold, and dreary evening here.
"HI, sweetie! Remember me?  We spent a little time together at the hotel on Saturday."
LUMENS!  How appropriate that she would bring a little sunshine to my day!
"Hey, how're you doing, Doll?"
We continued BSing for a few minutes on how her day went, when out of the blue:
"You know, I was wondering if we can have some time together Tomorrow, if you're not busy."
Business was practically dead and my schedule was enormously flexible.
"Same Hotel? When?"
"I get off work at 4, say, 6pm?"
"Sounds like a date!"
We continued talking about lousy the weather was supposed to be over the next couple of days.  
I didn't care, it was going to be sunny for me and it was looking to be a good week.  At least on the sex and potentially, relationship side. We got along fairly well, the sex seemed right, but the personality didn't quite mesh. But I figure that we could spend some time to know each other, we can figure that out in short order. She was open to dating or swinging together. 
I get a text from KM, apologizing about not replying to my text msgs of, "How's my pretty, pretty princess?" but that she was literally putting out fires at work.  We txt a few things and suddenly no response.
Whatever.  Typical of her not respond to txt msgs and, quite frankly, sick of her not following up on her communicating like she promised.

Allow me to backtrack a bit:
Over the past few weeks, I've been sending her with txt messages once or twice a day of "Hi!", "MOO!", and just plain silly things to acknowledge me in some way.
I rarely know when she's at work and I know she's busy enough AT work to not talk to me on the phone.   So I was hoping to get the occasional "Miss you" or whatever.
After a week or so, I finally called and confronted her about it.  I wanted to know if she fully intended to just blow me off or what.
Her response threw me off: 
"I know. I suck.  I'm bad at communicating. I get so involved at work and with the kids (just found out they had *5!* of which her ex has sole custody, but didn't elaborate on custody issues.) when they're in town, I just focus on that!"
Being a single father (she's in college now),  I didn't blame her and felt terrible.
I told her that we'll give January a shot to DATE and see if we're for real or not, December is a month with craziness of Holiday Parties, family, kids home from school, etc.
She readily agreed to the terms and PROMISED she would at least text me a "HI" from time to time.

Back to tonight (last night, whatever), my night droned on a slow business night, I had booked the hotel, fully intending to spend only a few hours.
No sooner had I finished reservations is when my phone rang.
KM!  it was 11:15pm?  What was she doing up?
"Sorry! My phone battery died and I didn't have a charger in the car!"
"Hey, it happens." Granted, mostly to her, but again, 'Whatever.' For all I know it's an excuse.
"Your 'Princess' txt really made my day, though!"
I said a few choice words that escaped my lips and I heard her wince.
"I deserved that.  Can I see you tomorrow night?"
"Sure! Meet where? Waffle house or something for a quick snack before you go to bed?"  I totally forgot about Lumens.
"That sounds good.  If everything works out...maybe 11pm?"
Okay, that means my ending my date with Lumens early, but I'm okay with that. It's mostly sex.
Hell, if things go well, I'll just beg my way out for an hour or so, meet up with KM and then go back to the room.
Brilliant!
"Awesome.  11pm it is!"
"Maybe we can sneak over to my House for a bit?  I REALLY want to make it up to you. But I can't promise the time, might be early or late. We're expecting a shipment in."
Uh-oh.
"Umm....Sure."
FUCK!FUCK!FUCK!
"Great! I'll Text you what time."
We hung up and suddenly I'm terrified.
I COULD proceed with my date with Lumens, end it a bit early, shower, and meet up with KM....
But that would only leave a few hours with Lumens....
No guarantee that KM would keep her appointment....
Lumens is promising, but currently I REALLY like KM.
KM SEEMS to be trying to make it work....
Lumens is okay with dating and swinging....
Suddenly, I'm feeling a little "Skeezy."  Maybe KS was right afterall.

1 comment:

  1. I hope this worked out for you...it's nice to have options some times but you should definitely try to remember when you're meeting people in the future...I had to start writing it down!

    ReplyDelete