Saturday, January 24, 2009

A moment to breathe

Lumens Texted.

She had a rough day and wanted some relief.
How do you spell Relief?  S-E-X.

It was a nice respite from crazy all the crazy crap I've been dealing with.
Arriving at her place in less than an hour, I show up, go through the door without knocking and make my way to the bedroom where she's lying face down nude while casually reading a magazine.
Having shed my clothes starting from the doorway, I was down to my socks.

Yeah, we men and our socks.  Stop shaking your head. they're coming off anyway.

"Hi!" I said with a grin as I started climbing on the bed.
"Hey there!  I am nude."
I started nibbling on her ears.
"Really?  I thought it was a body sock."
That earned me a friendly punch to my waistline.
"Are you saying my skin is wrinkly?"
Where did THAT come from.
Eh.  We men make stupid comments, why should this surprise me?
Distracting her with a nibble on her neck, I'm quickly forgiven as we lose ourselves and make time stand still and let our worries melt away.

When she got up for water later, she noticed my things on her coffee table.
"You have TWO phones?"
Aw shit. This can be bad.
The CL phone was buzzing with a text msg.  Fucker has a loud buzz that you can hear across the room, more so its on something solid.
"Hey! Is this that new G1? Awesome!  Can I see it?"
LOL.  Technological ADD, I love it.
"Sure, bring it in!"
After we have our glasses of water, I show her my lifeline to the outside world and show her all the features.
She briefly saw this blog, but didn't equate it with me and didn't see the title.
It buzzed briefly in her hands and out of instinct looked at the screen.
One feature betrayed me, when a text comes in, briefly shows the msg.
"KM: I miss you.  I am looking forward to Sunday."  I winced.
"Who's that and what's on sunday?"   She casually asked.
"Someone I might be dating.  We don't know yet. We're going on a date."
"You're looking for a relationship?"
Uh-oh.
"Umm...yeah." I mentally start tracking down my clothes and casually grab my phone for a quick getaway.  You know, just in case.
"Does she swing too?"
I'm not entirely sure where this convo is going, so I hedge.
"She might be open to it." If she's drunk, I didn't add.
"Is she cute?"
"I think so."
"Are you thinking of dating me too?"
Aw shit!  I can't lie, it would be cruel if I did and I already took her for the test drive.
"I thought about it, yes. But I don't think we would be a good match."
"I see." 
I look at her closely, I can almost feel my heart beating through my chest and beads of sweat are ready to pour out.

"Yeah, you're a great guy, but I don't think we would be good together.  I hope it works out with you too."
With that, she proceeds to snuggle with me again.

I take a moment to breathe and savor a moment to relax.

3 comments:

  1. This situation could have gone horribly wrong for so many reasons...thankfully, she was cool with everything. You definitely dodged a bullet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But the question is, are you still gonna get "relief" from time to time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aurore:
    oh yes. Could have been VERY bad. Fora brief moment was, "I wish I could have died having sex instead."

    Vixen:
    As far as I know, we're still ok. But I think we may have to cool it down a bit and have her more focused on parties instead of me. Not that I mind of course, but I wouldn't want to create any major misunderstandings over this.

    ReplyDelete